As you may be aware, the DofE expedition programme for explorers came to a halt in March 2020.
It has not been possible to continue with any walking expeditions this year but the DofE team would like to gauge interest in making this available for 2021.
The expedition and training will be completed in an alternative format as per DofE Covid-19 guidelines but the aim is to offer similar programme dates to last year.
Please complete the following form to express interest by 6th October. Which you can access here
Example dates would be approximately:
– Initial training session: Saturday 25 January, 10am to 4pm, at 8th Cheam
– Navigation training day: Sunday 9 February, 10am to 4pm, on Wimbledon Common
– Final training session and practice expedition planning: Saturday 7 March, 10am to 4pm, at 8th Cheam
– Bronze/CSPA practice expedition: Thursday 9 and Friday 10 April
– Silver/CSDA practice expedition: Thursday 9 to Saturday 11 April
– Practice debrief and qualifying expedition planning: Saturday 6 June, 10am to 5pm, 8th Cheam
– Bronze/CSPA qualifying expedition: Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 July
– Silver/CSDA qualifying expedition: Saturday 29 to Monday 31 August
Costs will depend on numbers and venues, and so will be confirmed to participants, but should be in the region of £25-£35 for each of the Bronze practice and qualifying expeditions and £50-£70 for each of the Silver practice and qualifying expeditions. There is no charge for the training itself.
Explorers who had started training with us last year will have priority if places are oversubscribed.