Media badgework for grown ups:
We need someone to develop our outreach to the community in Richmond upon Thames through press, print, photos, media, radio, tv and, well, any other ideas you might have!
As a part of our 5-year plan we identified that we are not good at getting local Scouting into the media and we should be increasing community awareness through available media channels, with the aim of encouraging more young people and adults into Scouting within our District.
We’ve really got no job description, but our 5 year plan suggests that we think that someone could:
- set targets for media stories in the local press
- help establish youth-led reporting in local media
- provide print resources for local schools
- advertise high visibility Scouting initiatives or activities in the community
- be able to write for the media following the Scouting campaigning, branding and style guides
It may also try and target local communities or groups less engaged with Scouting. The person might develop a Media team and work alongside the District’s Digital Team and the Assistant District Commissioner for Growth.
Interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a chat